My 5 Essentials to Staying Focused and Productive | Darling, We're Adventurers: My 5 Essentials to Staying Focused and Productive

Friday, May 8, 2015

My 5 Essentials to Staying Focused and Productive


Hey guys!

So I'm really bad at staying focused, but when I need to, I can. Though, it's usually last minute - this explains why I stayed up till 3:30 doing art for an entire week (and waking up at 6am btw) for my art IGs. I took it as an accomplishment, being focused on my art from the moment I got home until 3:30 am, plus during classes (and no I don't mean just art class. I'm such an awful student xD). However, I'm usually super good at it in the beginning of the school year, I just loose my motivation ya know?

Anyways, here's my list of 5 essentials to staying focused and productive.


1.  A To-Do List

How someone gets their life in order without a to-do list blows my mind. A to-do list is just amazing. It tells you exactly what you need to do, and you can color coordinate it and what not to let you know which needs to be done when. Not to mention, how satisfying is the feeling when you can finally cross off something on that list?!

2. Good Music

Having good music always helps flow the creative juices in my brain. And make sure your playlist is long enough so you don't need to constantly go over to pick the song.

3. Supportive Friends or Family

So, I always ask my friends for help. Always. Through my little freak out over art, my friends stayed online to yell at me and keep me awake to do art. Plus, they're amazing for a second opinion. Also, my friends will actually come over sit me down and make sure I do my work and help me out.

4. A Good Drink

No, not alcohol. I was thinking more along the lines of tea or coffee. They'll keep you awake and energized and if it's there with you, you won't have to go all the way to the kitchen when you do get thirsty, because everyone is bound to eventually get thirsty at some point.

5. Proper Breaks

Not those, hour long breaks that happen every 5 minutes. No. Proper 10 or 20 minute breaks every 45ish minutes.

What're your essentials?

~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment